Adding a SSL certificate to your site beginning January 2017 will become a must if you want to boost your traffic and rankings. It is indicated that Google Chrome will start labelling sites without SSL certificates as “not secure” thus detering users from browsing your sites.
Another benefit of adding SSL to your sites is that Google also intends in addition to ranking signal to index secure pages over unsecured pages and have provided guidance on securing your website with HTTPS. Do check it out if you want to tap into more traffic 2017.
If you’re ready to switch to HTTPS but not confident where to start just contact us today for guidance to ensure everything goes smoothly.
Why should you consider HTTPS?
Although Google is trying to make the web safe by enforcing SSL, it is in your best interest to apply HTTPS if your site makes use of sensitive customer information, whether that’s credit card info or login credentials. It provides users the confidence that your site is secure.
How do I know the right SSL for my site
Find the SSL that best suits your website. At Kacilla, we offer three types of SSL Certificates:
- Simple SSL – ideal for small sites and businesses just getting off the ground that are looking for the essential security and encryption to protect their customers’ data
- Standard SSL – perfect for online traders and growing businesses who need a secure solution to accept online payments from customers
- Extended SSL – great for large websites and established businesses who need maximum protection for their sites and their customer’s data
Updating backlinks after SSL
To avoid any loss of traffic, put together all associated websites and ensure that all URLs redirect correctly to HTTPS after the switch.
What is SSL?
SSL Certificates Trade online safely and securely In 2008, sales over the internet in the UK totalled over £222bn, up from £65bn in 2004 (source: statistics.gov.uk). With no signs of this growth slowing down, the need for businesses to be trading securely online has never been greater.
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is the globally recognised standard for securely encrypting information being passed between a server and web browser. The SSL certificates we offer are exactly the same as those being used by the leading online businesses and banks. Providing your users with essential peace of mind, SSL certificates signify you offer world-class data protection, increasing both trust and revenue.
Websites with SSL certificates guarantee stringent security checks are in place to protect the user’s private information, such as their bank details. As a website owner, you can trade online safely in the knowledge that the SSL secure connection will make sure all important information is kept out of reach from prying eyes.
Having an SSL certificate will keep your visitors coming back time and time again, safe in the knowledge you provide a secure service.
The benefits of using an SSL certificate
- Increase conversions: Research has shown that up to 75% of potential customers abandon a retail website due to security concerns, so a recognised, industry-standard SSL certificate will help increase your conversion rates and build up your reputation with customers.
- Enhanced reputation: A visibly secured website helps you enhance your reputation and guard against possible attacks and fraud.
- Store information securely: SSL certificates are not exclusive to websites trading online. If your site requires a login for protected information, make it secure with SSL technology. An SSL certificate prevents data being intercepted when it is being accessed by authorised users.
- Business Validation: The SSL certificate verifies you are who you claim to be and that customers can complete a transaction with confidence.
Buy your SSL certificate now: Our SSL certificates are great value for money and offer complete security for both you and your customers. With more and more people buying online, can you afford not to have one?